1031 tax exchanges

1031 Tax Exchanges

Section 1031 of the IRS Tax code allows the postponement of capital gains tax on an exchange of property held for investment when it is reinvested in similar property.  It is advisable to contact your accountant and or attorney regarding a 1031 exchange.

A 1031 exchange requires the services of an intermediary, here are some companies that perform that service, their web sites can provide a wealth of knowledge regarding 1031 exchanges

** notify your agent if you intend to do a 1031**


Web site

phone: 800-282-1031
4160 Douglas Blvd.
Granite Bay, CA  95746
Fax: 916.749.1254

Set up an exchange online


Web Site

Susanne M. Haines
VP & Branch Manager
LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services
1850 N. Central Ave., Suite 300
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: 866-313-0374
Set up an exchange online