1. Get Pre-Approved for Financing
2. Decide on the best locations to buy
3. View properties and decide on the best Candidates
4. Considering things like price, time on the market and sellers motivation, devise a strategy for making offers.
5. Complete paperwork necessary to make the offer.
6. Present offer(s), and negotiate until and agreement is reached.
7. open escrow, set up inspections of the property, and perform any other investigations regarding the purchase.
8. Commit to a lender and be sure they have all documents necessary for financing if applicable.
9. Review the inspection results and decide if the purchase will continue, or be cancelled.
10. Follow up with lender to ensure loan is on track.
11. Set up Home owners insurance, and schedule the activation of utilities
12. Complete the signing of all documents
13. Conduct a final walkthrough of the property, and make the final payment to escrow.
14. Wait for the deed to be recorded, and pick up keys.